Friday, March 8, 2013

LIFE as a Hockey Girl!

I went to my very first hockey game in January 2013. Ever since then I have been OBSESSED! I'm not a sports girl...never have been. I am not one to watch or follow professional sports.
Its hard to beat a hockey game....fast paced, loud mouthed, foul language, and fights. Not to mention the people watching! Oh man...its a good time!
Another BIG reason why I love it because its our home team (UTAH GRIZZLIES) and I can go see the games in person. None of this following on the t.v. crap!

The first game I went to I quickly became attached to a few players 
(Stoflet, Battani, Tuzzolino, Eddy, Vock, and Patterson). 
Some of it was because I thought they looked good in their uniforms (Stoflet, Eddy),
 I liked the way they moved on the ice
 ( Vock and Patterson...they look like twins in their uniforms and skating), 
others it was their name (Tuzzolino, we like to call him "Cousin Lino"), 
or that they were always fighting and in the penalty box (Battani). 
I know, I'm such a girl.
 It should be because of their stats and how they play,
 but at the time I didn't even know the game ( I am still learning).

For some reason I'm always get on edge when we are on our way to the game. 
Maybe its the excitement,
 but my husband can't drive fast enough, 
we will be late,
 too many people.
 I'm a basket case. LOL

So we went to the game on Wednesday ( March 6th) and it was by far the best game yet. 
We lost but it didn't matter. 
A few games ago we took a survey and got 4 free tickets. 
So we cashed them in! 
Yahoo! 
Free Game!

Because it was a Wednesday the arena was pretty empty. At the end of the second period I had noticed that the 1st row seats in our section haven't had anyone in them.
 After begging my husband for 5 min, convincing him that we wouldn't get in trouble, we moved down to row one. The only way to get closer to the ice was to be ON the ice. 
Of course, 1st row is where I belong. I fit right in, yelling, jumping up and down, throwing my hands up yelling " COME ON!", booing....basically being a loud mouth!
 My husband  on the other hand belongs in row 30. 

So there I was so into the game,
 its the last period, 
we are getting our asses kicked,
 then my favorite boys get on the ice.
 I have front row...if their wasn't glass in my way I would be pinching their bums!

Grizz Bee walked by and sat on our laps! That was awesome!

I love the way Battani runs his mouth! 
A couple elbow throws later and hes off the the ice.
 Now Stoflet is RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
 I start snapping away with my phone and I'm now practically sitting on 3 guys laps who were to my left because I kept trying to get good shots. 
Stoflet skates around, makes eye contact with me, 
gives me 3 eyebrow raises...
I START FREAKING OUT LIKE A 13 YEAR OLD AT A JUSTIN BEIBER CONCERT.
 I'M WAVING LIKE A CRAZY AND THEN HE GIVE ME A SMILE! 
Ha Ha Ha Ha....I was an excited mess.
 My husband is just laughing and shaking his head at me the entire time while I'm flustered that I got a SMILE from Stoflet. 
 Well needless to say I'm trying not to approach stalker status because of my crush. 
I'm grateful that I am married and have an alibi. 

Going to another game on Saturday! Can't wait!

On my way to the game!

Grizz Bee sitting on my lap!

From active and retired Military night! Love this!



Stoflet


Battani, running his mouth.

Battani thowing a few elbows.

Morrison, our new goalie!

No comments: