Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Fashion...is What You Make It!

I'm a firm believer that FASHION is what you make it!
We do not walk off the pages of Vogue.
Most of us have a budget and an only afford so much...

So that being said, develop your own style 
according to what you can afford.

After only getting through 
HALF
of Elle
I noticed lots of print mixing.

" Um yeah...that has been the trend for a while now!"

OK, OK. So its been the trend for a while.
But lets start small.

Polka dots and stripes.
Two fundamentals that will be good to remember when mixing patterns.
Both can be used as your "solid".
Don't forget your color blocking
when mixing prints.

My saying is
 "if you feel confident enough to "rock it" then do it!"

The Outfits below are all from Old Navy and bought out of their Clearance section.  Buy off of Clearance and make it trendy to the current season.

Navy polka dot skinnies ($8.49), I rolled the cuff up. Yellow and Navy striped ruffled Henley ($5.99), sleeves are rolled up. Yellow and sea foam green skinny belts ( 2-pack $5.47) Medallion Necklace is from Claire's 4 years ago.

I "long cuffed" the legs first and then cuffed again.
 This gives a less structured effect to your outfit.


I laced the two belts together to make a statement piece.

Color blocking with Yellow and Sea-foam. Yellow skinnies ($8.49), Heather Grey Graphic T ( $8.99), Belt part of the 2 pack. Aztec multi colored wedges are from DRESSBARN ($34.99), Reused from spring is here post.
Multi String Statement Necklace ( Claire's, 4 years ago) dresses up a casual shirt. The word "Love" and skinny belt are the same hue. This is a very subtle way of color blocking. Great for beginners.




I do want to apologize, the mannequin I'm using has ZERO shape and so if the outfits come across as frumpy then that would be why. I also am NOT a photographer. I'll leave the lighting and angles to the professionals.


1 comment:

Jennie said...

I want those polka dot pants